Practice and reinforce good prevention habits with your family-
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and always after:
- Going to the bathroom
- Before eating
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Keep your child at home if sick with any illness –
- If your child is not feeling well, please keep them home and contact your healthcare provider.
- Monitor your child for the following symptoms:
- Temperature over 100.0
- Sore throat
- Body/Muscle aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Be prepared if your child’s school is temporarily closed or he/she is sent home due to Covid related illness.
- Help your school by reinforcing healthy behaviors including:
- Staying home if you or your child are sick.
- Washing your hands
- Social distancing
- Wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible
If your school is dismissed or your child stays home –
- Talk to your school regarding options for digital and distance learning.
- Discourage children and teens from gathering while school is dismissed.
- Work with your school/local health department to determine when your child should return due to illness – ongoing communication is necessary.